– EBCD is looking for an EU Affairs Manager to join its team –
The new EU Affairs Manager will integrate EBCD’s young and dynamic team, to manage the secretariat of the European Parliament Intergroup on “Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development”, monitor and analyze European environmental policies, writing and editing reports and press releases; developing Intergroup policy and activities; maintaining and fostering relationships with MEPs and stakeholders; organising conferences and workshops; managing communications.
Position: EU Affairs Manager
Starting date: 2 May 2017
Reporting: Reports to the Director
Salary: Competitive NGO salary, depending on experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A university (Master or higher) degree in political science, European studies, law, economics, international relations, environmental governance or another relevant field
- 5 years experience in working with European Institution on topics related to the environment
- proven track-record with EU advocacy or EU public affairs
- solid knowledge of the European decision-making process
- specific understanding of the European Parliament’s structure and functioning (previous working experience in the EP is considered an asset)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French
- Spanish and/or German is an asset
- Well-developed organisational and communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and in a small team
- Outgoing personality and strong networking skills
Founded in 1989, EBCD is an international environmental non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Brussels, with the main objective to promote the conservation and sustainable use of natural renewable resources both in Europe and worldwide. It supports science-based solutions, full stakeholder participation, due consideration for socio-economic aspects and for cultural diversity.
To apply for this position: please send to Panos Manias, EBCD’s Administrative and Financial Officer email@example.com :
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter explaining your interest in working within EBCD and how this would fit into your career development
Deadline for applications: Monday 27th March.
European Bureau for Conservation and Development (EBCD)
10, Rue de la Science – 1000 Brussels – Belgium